A couple of weeks ago, the NSW Government launched “Parents NSW Vouchers”, to reward and thank eligible NSW households for their efforts to support learning from home in 2021.
Each eligible household can apply for 5 x $50 vouchers, worth $250 in total. These vouchers are valid until 9 October 2022.
This is in addition to the “Dine & Discover” vouchers which were released last year, and can still be used up until 30 June 2022. You can use your $25 “Discover” vouchers on any of our tours. “Dine” vouchers can only be used at restaurants, cafes, bars etc.
How to use your vouchers on a Local Sauce Tour
Both the Discover and Parents NSW vouchers can be used on any Local Sauce Tour, including our most-popular Drink & Discover Secret Bar Crawl, the original Hidden Sydney tour or either of our food tours of Newtown and Chinatown.
Once you’ve applied for the vouchers through the Services NSW website or app, you will find them under the “Vouchers” tab.
As our website is not linked with the Services NSW website, you won’t be able to put the actual voucher code into our website. Instead, you should use the promo code “DDNSW” if you’d like to use a “Discover” voucher to get $25 off, or use the promo code “PARENTSNSW” if you’d like to use a “Parents NSW” voucher to get $50 off.
Then on the day of the tour, we’ll scan your actual voucher from your Services NSW app (or printed out). Please make sure you have your voucher ready on the day of the tour, because if we can’t scan it, we don’t get money from the NSW government.
If you’d like to use more than one “Parents NSW” voucher, please contact us via live chat, using the contact form or on Instagram. We’ll get in touch quickly and set something up so that you can use more than one voucher. If you’re ready to book, choose your tour now to confirm your attendance!
Other tour operators accepting Discover and Parents NSW vouchers
As the Services NSW website is not designed well for finding tour operators that accept the vouchers, we’ve prepared a shortlist of some of our favourite tour companies that currently accept Discover and Parents NSW vouchers.
Every company will have a different process for using the vouchers, so please reach out to them directly for more information.
- Journey Walks: History, mystery and crime walks of The Rocks, Kings Cross and more, led by expert historian Max.
- Sydney Photography Tours: Alfonso runs excellent photography tours all around Sydney and in other capital cities.
- Gourmet Getaway Tours: Hunter Valley wine tours with outstanding chef and guide, Jimmy.
- Sydney Harbour Bike Tours: Grant and Linda’s e-bike tours around Sydney are great value and a heap of fun.
- Murders Most Foul: True crime tours of Surry Hills, led by passionate storyteller Elliot.
- Newcastle Afoot: For something slightly further away, check out these excellent neighbourhood walks with Becky.